The “Reading for a Reason” fundraiser was created in memory of Ms. Georgia Williams, beloved English teacher at Nyack High School. Regretfully, she lost her battle with breast cancer in the spring of 2020. Volunteers will pledge to read a number of pages over the course of two months. The monetary donations collected from sponsors who support the volunteer’s reading goal will be used to make a donation in Ms. Williams’ name to the Sister’s Network, an organization that provides funds and support for African American Women with breast cancer. Thank you for your support.
- Students and community members who would like to participate can sign up using this google form
- Volunteers start collecting donations and reading
- Volunteers can collect and submit their donations and continue reading
- All page logs and donations are to be submitted by February 22
- Student page logs are tallied, donations are totaled and prizes will awarded to the top readers and donation collectors.
A celebration of Ms. Williams will take place.
The total of all donations raised will be submitted to an organization in Ms. Williams’ name
Students or staff who are interested in participating should reach out to Ms. Birro in the library or any member of the English Honor Society. Participants are not limited in their choice of reading material, and can read texts that are assigned in classes or any materials they read on their own. Check out the Resources section for the sign-up form and more information!
Ms. Birro, Nyack High School Librarian, Reading For a Reason Organizer.
Ms. Moldovan, Nyack High School English Teacher, English Honor Society Club Advisor.